Facebook is an online social networking site having more than 6818 employees with three subsidiaries companies WhatsApp, Oculus VR and Instagram. The general facebook facts are that, Mark Zuckerberg is considered as the founder and facebook is the most widely used social site founded in 4th February 2004. Within few years this site ranked as second top global sites after Google by Alexa.
As per the results shown in the study by Princeton University, prospective facebook facts show that FB may lose around 80 % of its total user within the next three years. But currently this site received breath taking traffic, with millions of likes, sharing and other activities. In this article first we will discuss some amazing facebook facts. The following are the facebook facts you may not have known.
Amazing facts about Facebook
- The first among the many facebook facts is : In the start Zuckerberg spent $85,000 in order to keep the company afloat. In the year of 2013 Mark Zuckerberg is worth $19 billion.
- FB have more worth than yahoo, LinkedIn, eBay, Group on, Zynga, IAC, Pandora, AOL, Netflix even if combined.
- 42% of users are male.
- 66% of users are 15-34 years old, surprisingly 45 % of FB user are over 65 years old.
- 70% of users are friends with their parents
- Scammers make more than $200 million yearly.
- 48% of user of 13-34 age groups checks their account in the morning after they woke up.
- 28% of user checks the updates in morning before leaving the bed.
- FB users are exposed to more than 1500 pieces of potential content daily.
- 7.5 million Sites have the Facebook share and like button.
- California alone having 15,267,160 Facebook users and ranked as the most social state. Texas is ranked as 2nd with 9 million active users. While New York on number 3rd with 8 million users.
- In US FB is also included in five most popular brands with Amazon, Walmart, Samsung, Subway and Target.
- More than 95 million users are from China despite of being blocked.
- Facebook offer 70 different languages to their users.
- The average usage time of Facebook user is between 18 to 20 minutes, which would be around 20 million minutes if combined.
- Every 20 minutes on FB 2 million friends are requested, 1 million links are shared, 3 million messages are sent.
- Relationship/ Got married/Got Engaged are the most commonly added life events by users.
- 22% increase in FB user was observed between 2012 to 2013.
- 1.13 trillion Likes, 150 billion friend connection and 250 billion photos uploaded are on the record even since Facebook launched.
- On daily basis more than 350 Million photos are uploaded, 10 billion messages are shared and 4.5 billion like’s button hits are recorded. Facebook receives 1,310,000,000 monthly users.
Scientific Study Result Behind Updating the Statuses
In unearthing more facebook facts, scientific studies have shown some surprising facebook facts about updating statuses. Study revealed that the users specially teenagers (college going) felt less lonely if they update their statuses frequently, despite of the fact that no friend hit the link or comment button in response to the post.
Deters with the help of her colleagues selected and hire 100 undergraduate, these selected ones are Facebook user as well. The participants were then rolled out to initial survey in order to measure their level of happiness, loneliness and depression. Selected 100 under gradates also give an access to researcher to their Facebook profiles in order to keep an eye on their FB activities and to draw fruitful and authentic result.
After observing the behavior and 100 undergraduate profiles, new facebook facts emerged and the researchers concluded that the individuals who update their Facebook statuses frequently related to their moods life events etc are less lonely as compared to those who can’t manage to adjust their social media habits.
The research result shows the same conclusion that loneliness level didn’t depend on the number of likes and comments. Apparently there arefacebook facts from your Facebook friends on your statuses is a sign of rejection but it doesn’t much affect on your level of happiness.
Facebook facts show that by average an individual spend 18 – 20 minutes on FB and expose to almost 1500 potential content. Further in this we will discuss some of the funniest statuses.
Image Source: Marcin Wichary/Flickr